The software solution for digitization of the cultural and historical heritage is a web based system for management and presentation of digitized cultural values - electronic catalog of exhibits, part of the funds of regional, municipal cultural institutions and centers, libraries, private collections and collections. The e system has a wide range of applicability, equally useful for different target groups.
Creation of a common database and register of objects and values, centralized and controlled management of data and information, equal participation of the Bulgarian cultural community in global cultural and technological processes;
Scientific and educational centers and institutions
Storing old cognitive sources and cultural values over time and protecting them from damage and alterations;
Researchers, students, museums and scholars
Strengthening and enhancing the cultural competences, knowledge, personal skills and motivation of both the creators of cultural services and their present and future consumers;
Improving economic activity and promoting entrepreneurship in the field of culture and the arts, discovering and exploiting the potential of arts, cultural and creative crafts and industries for sustainable and integrated urban development;
Increasing citizen participation in cultural activities and stimulating the overall consumption of cultural products and services;
Guests of the country
Providing useful tourist information for guests of the country and the city and presentations of cultural institutions on both national and international tourist markets.
Modules of the system
The web-based system is designed and built on a modular basis, with modules interacting with each other to ensure full integration of information, connectivity and transparency of activities and processes. The system consists of two components - the Public Portal and the Internal Portal.
Content management module
Manages the information maintained in the catalogs; adding, editing, and deleting exhibit data; attachment and removal of digitized copies and documents; Separation and independent management of collections of exhibits by subject or other common feature; Maintaining types of passports of cultural value, covering:
• Hierarchy of the Organization of Cultural Values with the possibility to separate collections, sub-collections, collections;
• Wide range of information fields according to the specifics of the subject;
• Add digitized content - audio, video, images (2D, 3D objects);
• Automatic image processing to optimize file size for web presentation purposes;
• Attachment of files - one or more documents constituting the complete file of the cultural value - documents accompanying the exhibit at external exhibitions, documents of restoration and conservation interventions, etc. accompanying exhibit documentation;
• Forming and indicating exhibits, part of a set and quick access to the components of the set;
• Establishment of an independent category of cultural assets - movable cultural assets provided for temporary use;
Publicity Management Module
Manages adding, updating, or removing information available on the public portal. This module enables authorized users of the system to dynamically manage external users' access to information about the cultural value:
• Hide or display information content;
• Manage access to digitized copies in order to protect digital content by separating two separate repositories - for public and internal use;
• Create and publish polls and process the results;
• Create and publish news and events;
Module for sending data to Europeana
The module implements the possibility of independent and inexpensive sending of selected data from the catalogs of institutions to the European multimedia online library Europeana (www.europeana.eu) according to the Europeana standards for exchange of information.
Report Generation Module
Manages the generation and processing of reference and statistical information.
Module for managing users and auditing their actions
Manages user access to system resources based on predefined user roles.
Module for nomenclature management
Manages the implemented nomenclatures and their values.
The public portal provides free and unlimited access to cultural information for all users. The platform is equally accessible to citizens and guests of the country through the supported multilingual user interface - in Bulgarian and English. The public portal offers the following modules and functionality groups:
Module ‘General Information’
The module is an information page supporting static data - a description of the purpose and purpose of the portal, general information about the project and its participants, etc. user-friendly information.
Module for reviewing the electronic catalogs of the institutions involved in the project
The module provides users with access to catalogs of institutions organized by subject or other common feature with the ability to refine demand for cultural value by using a set of specific filters tailored to the needs of the particular institution and the subject area presented.
Module for searching in the catalogs of all cultural institutions
Makes searchable in all catalogs of all institutions.
Contains information (title, content, image) for up-to-date news from the cultural life of the city and the municipality - holidays, celebrations, anniversaries, etc. Useful information.
Provides information about upcoming or downcoming events - title, content, image gallery, video.
Module ‘Registered Users’
The Registered External Users section, available from the Internet, realizes the possibility of using the additional services provided by the portal:
• Notification service for the latest objects added to the institutional catalogs;
• Ability to provide feedback on seminars, talks, exhibitions by filling in an electronic questionnaire;
• Using a personal virtual space in which the user can store valuable exhibit information and organize their own gallery of cultural assets;
• Post a comment or feedback on published news and events;