The modernization and digitalization of library archives guarantee the free access to knowledge and scientific resources held in libraries, as well as the archives protection and development. It also improves the quality of service for the users/readers by enhancing it to the high European level and providing the most comprehensive and easy access to resources, including for people with disabilities.
Why to implement?
The benefits are many for both the users/ students and the organization/ universities.
The users’ access to the library is significantly improved by modernization and digitalization of the library resources. Through the creation of electronic reading rooms simultaneous access of many people is possible. Taking and returning books is also much easier, thanks to self-service kiosks, and searching and finding information is significantly improved in terms of quality and speed due to a comprehensive digital catalog comprising of all digitalized library resources. In addition, visually impaired people get easier access to the library information as well.
The digitalization and modernization of libraries also allows students and teachers to participate actively in the library operations and processes, and to use and experience the latest information technologies.
What are the benefits for the organization / university?
The organization will receive many advantages:
- Achieve high efficiency through the integration of all information systems
- Increase the efficiency of the library staff and minimize the human factor
- Accelerate and facilitate the inventory process in the library
- Achieve high levels of automation, which allows to implement successful practices
- Provide high level of protection - both physical protection and data protection
- Storage valuable library information in digital format, which allows easy processing of the information with modern tools and technologies
Library management systems are prepared according to the specific needs of each organization or university, allowing at the same time future extension of the system functionalities.